I'm a Brazilian-Canadian engineer working in Stripe's Financial Data team, having previously worked at Google (BigQuery Storage, Kaggle). I studied Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
Things I'm loosely thinking about and working on:
- Open source and its application to the tragedy of the commons
- Tools for thought
- The future of monetization for creators
- Rabbit hole of Kelly Starrett mobility videos.
- Making my way through Designing Data Intensive Applications.
Technical areas I'm investigating:
- Wasm's use case in serverless (Workers, etc)
- The space between a datalake and Data Warehouse, the tools for the gap
- Better dbs and services for them (ie. Fauna, Supabase, Materialize, Cloudflare object store, etc)
Find me on Twitter.